Examples of electric outdoor advertising signs are everywhere. You can see them on any number of buildings – retail businesses, restaurants, mall stores and hospitals, to name but a few. Nearly every business or organization uses some form of exterior illuminated signage.
But why consider pan channel letters? Pan channel letters are fast becoming one of the most popular options for electric sign advertising. These lighted signs provide a powerful and highly visible means of attracting the attention of casual passersby as well as potential customers who are actively seeking your products or services.
Here some important points to consider about pan channel letters:
1. LED-illuminated letters are more and more often replacing neon signs, most specifically because neon contains mercury. For this reason, a lot of states have curtailed or banned the use of neon tubing for environmental reasons.
2. LEDs also use less energy, as much as 40% less, thus werbeanlagen making monthly operational costs lower than with neon lights.
3. For LED signs, the letters don’t need to be individually hand made like neon-lit letters.
4. LED lights are more hard-wearing than neon lights, which break more easily. Repair costs would be lower than with neon signs.
5. LED signs remain shining brightly in colder temperatures, whereas neon lights tend to become dimmer when temperatures drop to wintry levels.
6. LEDs are easy to install, and replacement is easily and speedily accomplished.
7. The wiring for LED signs requires smaller pass-through holes that need to be bored into your building’s walls.
Pan channel letters can be mounted in several different ways. One is to mount the individual letters and other design elements directly to the surface of the building. Each letter-shaped “pan” holds its own electrical components. The mounting hardware and electrical wiring are installed behind the wall.
Another installation method is to mount the various letters and design components onto a raceway which is then installed onto the building’s fascia. The raceway holds the wiring and installation hardware for the letters.
Whichever method of installation you opt for, the letter pan can be covered with a plastic face or cover. Or it can be left exposed, a method called open-faced. Open-faced pan channel letters can also be reversed and installed so that the letter pans appear to be backlit. These types of signs are called halo-illuminated channel letters.
Another thing to be considered is the fact that laws governing business signage differ from state to state. These laws speak to such things as a sign’s size, materials used, illumination, energy usage, placement and installation requirements. Local communities, too, may have additional zoning laws regarding signs. Be sure to check the state and local laws in your area before you make your final decision on your signage system.
Every business needs some type of outdoor advertising signs for attracting the attention of both passersby and customers looking for your specific product or services. Why consider pan channel letters for your outdoor signage system? The points listed above will help you decide.