Looking for Christmas gifts for men can be a rather overwhelming task when you have to balance shopping for your husband, dad, or guy friend along with everyone else on your Christmas list AND stay on budget. You don’t want to give a lame holiday gift that’ll just be returned, but simply asking the men in your life what they want isn’t the best option either. So what should you get them for Christmas 2010? Check out these holiday shopping ideas and tips to help you think of Christmas promotional gift for all the guys on your list!
QUICK QUESTIONS TO ASK ABOUT THE MAN YOU’RE SHOPPING FOR:
- What item has he been dreaming about? If there’s that one item that he’s been talking about forever but that he hasn’t bought because he can’t afford it/thinks it’s a little frivolous/has been too busy, this would make the ideal gift since he probably won’t buy it for himself.
- How does he spend his spare time? What does he talk about doing the most, and what does he try to get you interested in?
- What’s his personality like? Is he the practical type who would prefer his gift to be purely functional, or does he want all the bells and whistles and decorative accents? Does he want all the toys, or does he aspire to live life as simply as possible? Take this into consideration when choosing his gift as you don’t want to buy something that would seem wasteful to him, or conversely, that he finds boring.
- Does he like being in control? If your man has definite ideas about what he likes, it might be a good idea to give him a gift card so he can choose exactly what he wants. Your best bet is to get a gift card for a store that has a wide variety of items, and don’t forget that you can sometimes get deals on Christmas gift cards.
CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR BOYFRIEND
Whether you’ve been dating for a while or it’s your first Christmas together, getting Christmas gifts for the boyfriend doesn’t have to be a frustrating experience. Here are some fun Christmas gift ideas based on your guy’s type:
- Geek: Motion-sensing video game systems, such as the Sony PlayStation Move and Microsoft Kinect for Xbox 360, are set to be the hot item for the 2010 holidays, so look out for package deals like this Sony PlayStation 3 320GB Move Bundle from Sears.com, which comes with the neat new motion controller and a regular controller, the Sports Champions game and the PlayStation Eye USB camera.
- Grillmaster: If his nickname is “Lord of the Flames” during the summer, he’ll love the Picnic Time Buccaneer Travel Cooler with Grill and BBQ Tools, available from Abt.com. Combining an insulated, waterproof tailgating cooler, portable BBQ grill with lid and a 3-piece BBQ tool set, it’s a great gift for the guy who craves that smoky goodness wherever he goes.
- Running man: If he’s a runner or triathlete, the stylish GPS-enabled Garmin Forerunner 405CX sports watch with heart rate monitor from CompuPlus.com is an essential tool to help him track his progress. It monitors his distance and heart rate, helps him reach his goals with features such as the Virtual Partner, and allows for easy data upload to a PC.
CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR DAD
Show your father you care with quality Christmas gifts for Dad that will allow him to kick back with his favorite hobby! Check out these neat ideas that are bound to bring a smile to his face.
- Bookworm: Dad will love being able to bring hundreds of books around with him wherever he goes with the Sony PRS-300BC Pocket Edition E-Book Reader from TigerDirect! The “electronic ink” technology ensures he will be able to read his favorite novel in all lighting conditions, even direct sunlight, and he’ll even be able to resize the text to suit his needs.
- Handy man: If your father likes working with his hands, how about the Craftsman 17-piece Speed-Lok Woodworking Set, available from Sears.com? He’ll be able to use this versatile set on metals as well, so it’s a great leisure gift for him.
- Comfort king: Give your Dad the gift of rest and relaxation and something to look forward to in the summer, with the Texsport Surfside Hammock from Kmart.com!
CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR HUSBAND
Looking to recapture the romance in your marriage this Christmas? Just want to spoil the man you love with an unexpected and unique holiday gift? These Christmas gifts for men will help you bring back the magic of the season!
- Soothing sensations: If your husband is always on his feet, get him the handy portable Carepeutic Foot & Calf Massager with Infrared Heated Therapy from Shoebuy.com – add a mug of hot chocolate and a roaring fire and he’ll have a great way to relax after a long day.
- Java Joe: If his favorite way to start the day is with a piping hot cup of coffee or latte, the DeLonghi Caffe Nero Coffee and Espresso Machine from Buy.com is a terrific way to satisfy his caffeine cravings in all forms!
- Dimensional delight: Help him stay ahead of the technology curve with a new 3D TV like the Samsung UN55C7000 55″ 3D LED TV from Mwave.com. The TVs are just starting to fire up the market, so your husband will be the envy of the entire neighborhood!